Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Is Your Email Address Hurting Your Business?

Do this little test. Try having someone who is NOT in your address book send you an email that says:

I am interested in making money from home with your network marketing home based business.

If you do not get this email, you have spam filters on your account. Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) put filters on your email without your knowledge. They believe that they are helping you. If you are in network marketing, you do not need “help” like that.

Let’s say I see your ad or your neighbor Suzie Q tells me that you are in network marketing and I am interested in speaking with you about it. I have your email address and want more information. I email you something with the words “network marketing” or “home based business” or “make money from home” or any of the other words and phrases that trigger spam filters. You will NOT get that email.

The worst part is - it's not just words and phrases that trigger these filters, but links in emails also. Call your ISP. DEMAND that they remove the spam filters. I know that I want to be in control of what I read and what I do not read. How about you?

Have a blessed day!!
Roxanne

No comments: