Friday, October 27, 2006

It's Amazing What You Can Accomplish When You Believe - Pt 2

Before I began my journey down the path I’m on, I would wake up in the morning to the television. I would have the television on all day long. Sometimes, I would listen to the radio, but the TV was still on. LOL. Have you ever seen that? TV on and muted and the radio playing? That was me. I needed constant “chatter” around me because I was AFRAID to be alone.

The first thing he said I should do is “turn off the chatter”. Our mind is like a radio. We can dial into any number of stations. In the past, whenever I was dialing into a station that made me take a good look at my life and my past, I would turn the dial. Michael told me I needed to spend time to get to know ME. I was not thrilled by that at all!! I had been in and out of counseling for years and had tons of baggage I was carrying around with me. I had attempted to do the whole “self evaluation” thing before and wasn’t happy with the results.

My first attempt at a 30 day mental cleanse was this – I stopped watching the news, but thought that my soaps and sitcoms were ok. After all, I didn’t “really” watch them, they were just on. And spending time with me – well…if I’m physically here, I’m with me, right? WRONG. I listened in on the calls and heard stories of how people were growing. They were growing in their personal lives and in their business lives. Why wasn’t I having these breakthroughs? Why wasn’t I growing?

I began to evaluate who I hung out with. There were lots of negative people in my life. You know the kind. The ones who sit there and complain that their life is sssssooooo horrible, but they aren’t willing to stop playing the computer games and get off their butts and DO SOMETHING about it. Heck – with network marketing, they wouldn’t even have to get off their butts, just DO SOMETHING. If you continue to do what you’ve always done, you will continue to be where you’ve always been. I’m not sure who said that, but it was one very smart person.

I finally made the decision that I was going to do this 30 day mental cleanse. In our house, everyone watches TV. We have a TV in every room but the bathroom. IT’S ONLY AN 850 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE. Why do we need a TV in every room? I couldn’t tell my family that they had to do something I was not willing to do. I bought one of those screen tents, an outdoor table and chairs. That became my “space”. I couldn’t have quiet alone time with me in the house, so I created it in my yard. Everyone knew that when Mom is in her screen tent – leave her alone. Thankfully, summer was on it’s way and it was warm enough for the kids to be off playing during the day.

I was on my way. I had begun my 30 day mental cleanse.

Find out tomorrow what happened during my 30 day mental cleanse and what that has to do with success.

Until then – have an absolutely wonderful day!!!

Roxanne
Visit Mentoring For Free

No comments: